MB- There is something special about the warm weather. School gets tougher for kids, parents want to take days off and we all want to spend some time at the beach. It’s the summer time bug that bites us all. And one of the most fun ways to spend time with the family or friends, is driving across our beautiful country and seeing the views, sights and sounds!
Now most of us are probably picturing the comedy movies with the families ready to pull their hair out because their siblings are driving them nuts, but cross country trips are fun. With high mountains and low valleys, it’s quite the scene. I would recommend it to anybody. But it’s important to be properly insured for these occasions.
When you think about all the states and miles you’ll be cruising through, an updated car insurance policy is essential. Fluetsch and Busby can provide the perfect option for those looking to drive the scenic routes. Riding down Route 66 with the peace of mind that you’re covered if the car breaks down, a rock hits a window, or worse yet, a deer hits the windshield.
Here are some helpful tips for the trek across the country:
- Make sure your car has had a safety check. From oil changes, tires inspected and rotated, breaks check and all essential fluids are topped off, make sure your car is set up to make it their and back.
- Check with us to make sure that your coverage is up to date and suitable for the trip.
- Have an Emergency Kit in your car that includes water, flares, and flash lights in case of a breakdown.
- Check to make sure all people who might be driving are insured.
- Don’t forget your phone charger, but eliminate distracted driving and only allow passengers to snap photos along the way.
- While out on the road, make sure all drivers are properly rested and tire driving can be as dangerous as driving while intoxicated.
- Don’t forget the sun screen and the swimming suits!
After you check all the boxes above, you can hit the road! It’s important to not ignore the summer bug, and make some memories! Check with Fluetsch and Busby Insurance to make sure your insurance is in the perfect condition, so the only thing you have to worry about is what sites you want to see along the way. Safe travels!